DC Grid is a meshed power network comprised of multiple converter stations interconnected on the DC side; it constitutes an effective technical means to address challenges associated with connection of large-scale intermittent renewables, power grid operation stability, transmission efficiency, as well as power grid control.
C-EPRI is a pioneer in the research on the fundamental theories and key technologies of DC grid, and has made significant progresses in the development of key DC grid equipment, such as DC circuit breaker and DC/DC converter
• DC grid modeling and simulation technology
• Coordinated control and protection technology between multiple converter station
• Wide-area measurement and fault-detecting technology
• Operational security and reliability evaluation technology
• High-voltage DC circuit breaker
• High-voltage DC/DC converter